Our client is seeking an energetic and clear-thinking professional with experience in both operations and product areas of a fintech lender or alternative credit business to build and manage core operational infrastructure and lead several digital transformation initiatives that will cement its position as the national leader in its industry and help drive the business to scale. You will be a strong communicator who is comfortable managing multiple project teams and working groups with both internal and external stakeholder groups and liaise well across multiple functional areas of the business. You are a rising star who builds relationships well, performs under pressure and has ambitions of growing into a true business leader.
Reporting to CFO, the Vice-President, Operations will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing the overall operations and technology strategy to meet or exceed defined targets for organizational efficiency and profitability metrics. The successful candidate will possess strong technical and leadership abilities, demonstrate skills in all essential areas of operations and IT management, and have relevant experience in an innovative, data driven lending business during a period where multiple new product launches have led to compounding revenue growth.
- Ensure organizational service and efficiency goals in the Operations Department, as measured by key metrics, are consistently met and reported to the executive team. Promptly identify problems and take corrective actions in consultation with other team members.
- Work hands-on with cross-functional managers and staff to share information and identify opportunities to initiate process/product improvements and service delivery enhancements, or promote a data-driven culture.
- Design and oversee a new client service experience focused on making the borrower journey easier and more frictionless from onboarding through servicing and repayment.
- Work directly with the CFO, Director of IT and other team members as required to lead digital change within the organization, and monitor and implement core technology system, solutions, applications and integrations that facilitate real time analysis of customer transaction data and risk management parameters.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all key business priorities, products, operational processes and information technology systems as part of ongoing Vice-President level responsibilities. Act as a principal organizational resource for staff in the areas outlined.
- Support the finance, risk and sales departments in special projects such as new product development, technology commercialization initiatives and third-party software vendor integrations to help the organization achieve targets for loan originations.
As a successful member of the team, the Vice-President Operations will also be required to:
- Mentor the business operations team in the execution of core deliverables in a high-performance culture by establishing standards of excellence and managing the professional development of direct reports including technical, communication and supervisory skills.
- Build relationships in the market and provide feedback to the executive team on relevant developments in technology or operational best practices that could lead to product or process enhancements.
- Participate in regular meetings with key staff in sales, risk and finance to ensure effective communication regarding operational performance and the observation of required service levels.
- Proactively anticipate staffing needs for the department, oversee the implementation of assigned initiatives and motivate and manage the change process as required.
- Foster an infectious staff culture of “winning” that supports the company’s business vision and product strategy, promote and advocate for this culture at all levels of the organization.
Education and Professional Accreditations
- An undergraduate degree with a focus in business, economics, finance, accounting or a data/analytics related field such as engineering, computer science or math is required.
- A post-graduate degree in any of these areas would be considered an asset, as would any technical certificates related to data science or operational process management.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years or more in financial services, with direct experience in a secured lending or fintech business, of which 3 years should be in an operational leadership role (Director, VP or COO level).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills hand-in-hand with data-driven decision making.
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality.
- Understanding of lending policies and procedures, documentation and registration, collection, and related legislation and accounting practices
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly in an environment with evolving business demands.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting cross-functional relationships across diverse set of stakeholders.
- Passion for technology and knowledge of structure, trends and developments in data management tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with machine learning / AI concepts and programming languages like Python is an asset
- Experience in the implementation of major technological integrations and development of applications for third- party software integration
- An understanding of open banking initiatives and point of sale finance is an asset
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in order to produce informative, concise and professional presentations and correspondence
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.