$based on experience
2 weeks ago in Marketing and Communications
Our client, a boutique media agency downtown is seeking a Search Director to join their team. The Search Director role is an integral position, responsible in part, for the success of the media agency. In addition to delivering a superior media product, the company also want to ensure that staff is happy to come to work and takes pride in the work they produce, while building their understanding and expertise of the business.
- Strategy development and execution
- Ensuring a deep understanding of the overall client strategy and business objectives
- Act as a subject matter expert in paid search marketing for clients, responsible for strategy and best-practices to drive improved performance, supporting all marketing and digital channel efforts to ensure a consistent approach to winning in paid search
- Evaluating current SEM account set up, developing new strategies to increase performance and proactively presenting those to internal planning teams and clients as required.
- Managing the day to day media business of the largest clients, responding to internal team and client questions
- Ensuring proper account management, including daily, weekly and monthly optimizations including evaluation of ad copy, ad formats and ad groups as well as implementing negative keywords and bidding strategies.
- Regular analyses of google analytics and landing pages to determine impact on overall search results and web traffic
- Ability to direct site tagging strategy, and successfully set up and manage performance driven campaigns.
- Providing accurate and timely reporting to clients with insights, benchmarks and recommendations on next steps.
- Writing search ad copy as required for clients
- Ongoing improvement and evolution of service offering:
- Lead the formulation of POV’s and collaborate with both internal and external partners to drive adoption of new SEM platform opportunities and industry best practices paying special attention to innovations with respect to targeting/personalization, audiences, measurement and optimization capabilities
- Working with partners to understand Alphas and Betas in market
- Testing and learning new search tactics and bidding strategies
- Accurate tracking and reporting of those learnings and optimizations back to planners and clients
- Technical Knowledge and Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of Google AdWords, Bing, Amazon, Adobe Ad Cloud – including certifications within each platform where appropriate
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Campaign Manager, Tap Click, etc. Including maintaining certifications where appropriate
- Ensuring a deep familiarity with pixels, their implementation and testing to ensure they are working correctly. Including the evolution of campaign tracking/tagging, etc.
- Recognize and troubleshoot data anomalies with client teams and internal teams as needed.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Google suite, third party management systems and data handling
- Advanced level experience running PLA campaigns and managing shopping feeds
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn Adobe Ad Cloud and Analytics
- Build exceptional proficiency of the team with SQL, reporting tools and web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Bing, Adobe Ad Cloud, SEMRush, etc.).
- Measurement and Tracking:
- Working with clients and planners to implement the appropriate tracking in various platforms as needed.
- Working with Google Analytics, Adobe Cloud, or other search support teams to help set up goals and conversions on behalf of clients
- SEO audits and implementation plans
- Audit of client’s current SEO and providing recommendations to optimize
- Implementation of SEO strategies and tactics
- Ongoing tracking of changes month over month and reporting back to planners/clients
- Keeping Directors and Account leads informed by ensuring they are copied on all correspondence affecting the client
- Demonstrating consistent excellence in communication via emails, presentations as well as oral and written
- Proactively making well informed recommendations to our clients for the betterment of their business
- Actively listening to and understanding the client and/or creative agency point of view
- Ensuring communication between yourself and support teams within the agency is respectful, professional and thorough.
- Ensure all communication from the digital team for assigned clients is succinct, professional, timely and demonstrates the superior service and standards set at X oneil
- Managing Staff, Process and the Search Product
- Ensuring that process and communication is efficient and accurate between planning teams and search teams. Refining this process ongoing as required.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports – helping them advance their technical knowledge and skill set
- Training through practical exposure to tasks with close oversight, positive feedback and repetition. Providing explanations of the ‘why’ behind each task
- Establishing deadlines and following up to meet deadlines
- Ensuring that workload is well distributed and there are fail safes/back-up plans for unplanned absences
- Educating agency colleagues and direct reports on the search landscape and pertinent technical issues – training planners etc where appropriate/requested.
- Managing the financial health of the agency through:
- Accurate execution of media budgets and management of BCRs and financial process
- Adherence to budgets provided by the planners and input into Prisma
- Regular communication on budget planning, pacing etc.
- Forecasting budgets and pacing ensuring reporting/reforecasting on a monthly
- Oversight of all other Search SMEs and budgets to ensure financial accuracy across all accounts
- Timely approval & reconciliation of media invoices
- Building reputation outside of the agency
- Being responsive to email/phone requests for meetings
- Giving fair and timely feedback to proposals, offerings, etc
- Being open to new ideas, suppliers, platforms etc
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all business/ industry meetings, events, forums, etc. even if they are outside business hours.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.