Our client, a commercial property management company located in North York requires a Project Manager to join their team. This role will be responsible for planning, coordinating and closing out construction projects through the million‐square foot commercial real estate portfolio. Projects range from small tenant buildouts to multi‐million‐dollar capital renovations. This individual will also supervise the in‐house construction team as well as hired contractors while managing timelines and budgets to ensure projects are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Supervising employees and contractors while ensuring projects are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, tracking and completing construction projects
- Organize, maintain and track construction correspondence, approvals, reports, schedules, plans, drawings, invoices and other documentation
- Attend onsite meetings with tenants and contractors, taking and distributing clear and accurate minutes to all stakeholders
- Implement and conduct quality control activities, inspection programs and periodic updating of construction progress records
- Coordinate, schedule and track construction hours
- Manage inventory of tools, supplies, etc.
- Issue and track purchase orders, process invoices and reconcile accounts
- Obtain, review, compare and recommend quotes as well as source, negotiate and secure materials
- Prepare, collect and organize, quotations, bids and tender projects
- Implement procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to the contract documents, schedules, quality standards, and budgets
- Maintain accurate and consistent files and documentation
- Interact, negotiate and maintain professional relationships with contractors, subcontractors and stakeholders
- Implement control tools to monitor projects, budgets, expenses, inventory, hours worked and quality of work being performed
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to tenants, contractors, and ownership etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with tenants, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for ongoing Tenant satisfaction and positive customer experience by providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Dispatch work requests and track completion
- Overseeing projects throughout Ontario
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (e.g., lighting, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning); construction inspections; and construction trades and technology (e.g., site grading, drainage, paving, roofs, concrete and masonry, structural steel and sewage systems), acquired through a 3-year Construction or Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma or a 4-year degree in a related field such as Architecture or Interior Design
- 2 years of related experience is required
- Familiarity with relevant portions of the National Building Code, Provincial Building Code, area municipality Building Codes and Practices, Ontario Fire Marshall’s Regulations, Insurance Advisory Council Regulations, CSA Standards, Forms of Agreement (particularly the Canadian Standard Form of Construction Document) and industry standards for steel, concrete, masonry, timber, electrical, and mechanical work
- Knowledge of contract law as it relates to building construction and renovation projects.
- Organizational skills to create work schedules, prepare in advance, and set realistic timelines.
- Ability to read and communicate construction drawings, reports, standards and specifications, supplier instructions and buildings codes.
- Ability to write construction reports using specialized technical vocabulary, log reports, and letters to contractors, and prepare and present project reports to senior staff as required.
- Excellent computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Excel, MS Project
- Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must be able to travel with little notice throughout Ontario
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing demands and conditions
- Proven leadership skills
- Self-starter who can work effectively in both an independent and team environment
- Strong conflict resolution skills
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Nika; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$60-80k | Full-time, Permanent
6 days ago | Real Estate and Development