Our client, a downtown PR firm requires an Account Specialist to join their team. The Account Specialist role is hands-on and will involve working as part of a team to support in overall account execution. S/he will support ongoing proactive and reactive media requests, blogger and influencer engagement, ambassador programming, social media integration, event/program planning, and client reporting. S/he will provide draft media materials, program critical paths and client status documents in order to ensure the team is always up-to-date on account activity.
This role involves a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and effective peer relationships. S/he will be a strong team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary. S/he will have the ability to make judgment calls and offer recommendation. The Account Specialist will work under pressure, while ensuring smooth and efficient execution of daily tasks.
- Manage daily account/project deliverables, including planning, implementation and execution of programs and events
- Understands clients’ objectives in order to deliver on media/event/program strategies
- Assists in the development and sign-off of assigned client plans
- Maintains and provides client account & media relations status updates ensuring work stays on track to achieve desired success
- Account/media research as required
- Develops, writes and edits press releases, pre/post media alerts, creative press kits and other written materials, obtaining account manager and director approval prior to send out
- Coordinates all camera calls and/or radio drops along with other broadcast opportunities
- Facilitates and guides social media activity on assigned accounts
- Manages all blogger relations
- Contributes to seasonal consumer gift-giving activity for client inclusion
- Organizes and accompanies media meetings, preparing client interview briefs and scheduling
- Responsible for event planning from conception through to completion
- Provides onsite event support (i.e. guest check-in, front of house, back of house, )
- Media/event list generation for Account Manager review and approval
- Develops and maintains program and event critical paths
- Prepares and maintains client program, event and/or expense budgets
- Ability to lead smaller agency accounts and/or campaigns and programs with Account Director/Manager oversight
- Supports Account Manager on daily media pitching (proactive) and fulfills media inquiries (reactive)
- Supports Account Coordinators on sample management and tracking, including any dressing
- opportunities if required
- Strong team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary; ability to make judgment calls and offer recommendations
- Motivates peers & promotes a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
- Two to five years of agency and/or in-house (corporate) experience
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in related field preferred
- Proactive, positive and productive communication with your fellow employees
- Complies with company standards in all social media activity
- Fully bilingual in English and French a strong asset
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.