Marketing & Communications Specialist
1 week ago in Marketing and Communications
Our client, a private school is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist to join their team. The Communications and Marketing Specialist will assist the Director of Admission and Marketing in ongoing communications within them school community and to the wider public. The ideal candidate brings a combination of traditional communication skills (copywriting, editing) as well as technical knowledge of new media (photography, video, social media, website). The candidate is someone who demonstrates a flexible and generous attitude toward change, is open to contributing to new projects as they arise, is easily adaptable and works collaboratively.
Weekly school newsletter to staff and parents
- Collect and organize news items from staff and Parents Association
- Format and publish the newsletter using Constant Contact
- Copywriting and project management support with website with ongoing content updates and maintenance
- Assist with the execution of ongoing marketing projects: from print publications, media outreach, event promotions etc.
- Assisting other departments with their marketing projects (Development/Fundraising, Admissions)
Photography & Video
- Assist with the ongoing collection of photos and videos (capturing and editing)
- Contribute to the school’s social media presence: assist with regular updates to Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience in a related field
- Copywriting and copyediting for both offline and online communications
- Technological fluency – utility with Google apps, Constant Contact, knowledge of modifying CMS platforms
- Photography + Video (capturing photos, videos and video editing production)
- Graphic design skills
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to interact with a range of constituents and a sociable desire for regular and visible involvement in school life
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.