Our client, a downtown investment management firm requires a Manager, Operations & Risk to join their team.
- Ensure all daily operations are run effectively and efficiently; responsible for trade processing, trade verification, booking and matching, confirmation, failed trade investigations and reconciliations.
- Supporting Portfolio Managers with full trade cycle management and acting as a first point of contact for all post execution queries.
- Review and confirm daily trading activity to internal portfolio management system.
- End of day fund reporting to internal parties.
- Monitor cash movements, margin requirements and arrange funding when needed.
- Provide necessary data for monthly NAV calculation and reporting.
- Build reconciliation tools and automating processes as needed.
- Interact with administrators, auditors, prime brokers and other counterparties and service providers.
- Maintain effective procedures in compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Conduct regular re-assessment of controls to ensure they continue to identify and mitigate key risk issues.
- Independently identify issues, analyze and implement proper solutions.
- Participate in special projects and other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, including sales and marketing and portfolio teams, as required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance or other relevant qualifications.
- Working towards a professional designation is an advantage (e.g., CFA, CPA).
- 3-5 years of work experience at a financial institution or professional services firm, with experience in investment operations or middle/back office.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Thomson Eikon is an advantage.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Unquestioned ethics and strong focus on risk and control.
- Team player and eagerness to add value and learn.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Leah; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.