Litigation Legal Assistant
2 weeks ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a dynamic and progressive firm practicing exclusively in bankruptcy/insolvency and commercial litigation, requires a Litigation Legal Assistant to join their litigation team. The Legal Assistant role requires a polished, confident and reliable assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, detailed oriented, organized, and able to work well under pressure.
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Preparing court documents, booking court appointments, examinations and client meetings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing files; maintaining precedent systems as may be required within the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Maintaining and organizing files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
- Solid work experience in a legal environment.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (PCLaw and iManage).
- A professional client and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills demonstrating attention to detail, proof-reading and accuracy
- A motivated team player able to work well with others of varying ages and backgrounds; willing to support and stand in for colleagues to cover absences.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to work with little instruction or supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Client Service Associate
$50-70k | Full-time, Permanent
6 days ago | Administrative and Office Support
$48-50k | Full-time, Permanent
1 week ago | Administrative and Office Support
Member Services Coordinator
$45-55k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support