Our client, a dynamic boutique law firm practicing exclusively in Wills and Estates requires a Legal Assistant to join their team. The Legal Assistant role requires a polished, confident, pro-active and reliable assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, detailed oriented, organized, and able to work well under pressure. In addition, the successful candidate must be team-oriented and have an uncompromising standard of excellence to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- Dedicated support to one lawyer and two Law Clerks with administration duties as needed.
- Prepare documents and draft professional correspondence with exacting attention to detail.
- Diligently manage all billings in a timely manner.
- Respond to client inquiries expeditiously and conduct follow-ups as required.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts.
- Adhere to work flow management principles as required within the Firm’s protocol.
- Organize, scan and maintain files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
- Proven experience in a legal environment.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, with a sound understanding of Wills and Estate documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (PCLaw and iManage).
- A professional client and telephone manner.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Sherry; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.