Our client, a financial services company, requires an Expropriations Underwriter to join their team. This role will help underwrite and manage expropriation funding applications. Clients include landowners, tenants and businesses adversely impacted by the expropriation process. The company also works with leading industry law firms acting for clients in expropriation claims. This role will report to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Receive and act on loan requests from external clients and law firms
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service to build and maintain strong relationship with clients, personal injury
- lawyers/clerks/law firms and educating them on various products, processes and services
- Participating in various marketing initiatives including, conferences, presentations to law firms, attendance at various networking events
- Reviewing applications, discussing same with plaintiff and counsel, requesting the appropriate information/documentation to complete due diligence and assessment of claim
- Provide written reports and recommendations for financing of a client, including identification of risks and quantum of claim
- Monitor the progress of legal claims that remain outstanding where there is an ongoing security interest
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and control procedures
- Assist in identifying trends with respect to competitors and law firms
- Actively participate with the implementation and integration of systems that automate business processes and the continuous improvement of efficiencies within the organization
- Participate in plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Minimum of 5 years in related experience.
- An undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Related diploma program or training in the legal platforms an asset.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Enjoys client facing opportunities and the ability to grow the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze opportunities and provide recommendations substantiated with sound rationale.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure, efficiently handling multiple tasks and prioritizing accordingly.
- Responsible work ethic, strong organizational skills and ability to take initiative on opportunities/projects.
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and grow within the organization.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$45-50k | Full-time, Permanent
7 days ago | Banking and Asset Management
Client Service Associate
$70-75k | Full-time, Permanent
6 days ago | Banking and Asset Management
$75-80k | Full-time, Permanent
2 days ago | Banking and Asset Management