Our client, business improvement association require an Executive Assistant to support the Board of Directors and overall daily operations of the BIA. The individual must be a self starter and possess strong organizational skills to ensure that projects and activities are completed on time.
Administration & Finance
- Responsible for all operations of the BIA, including administration, budgeting, and staffing
- Actively support work of the Board, committees and working groups
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas with Board/Chair and contact all required members to attend
- Complete meeting minutes within 5 business days and upload in drive
- Coordination of the Annual General Meeting of the BIA Membership
- Attend relevant public meetings & local working groups on behalf of the BIA.
- Maintaining and updating the business database and directory
- Preparing, submitting and following up on all city permits and paperwork
- Writing and implementation of successful Grant applications within applicable deadlines
- Monitor email and phone messages and replying accordingly
- Accurate maintenance of BIA files and records
- Assist the treasurer with the management and stewardship of assets and financial health of the BIA
- Assist the treasurer prepare financial information for the auditor
- Assist the treasurer prepare the annual report
- Assist the treasurer in reporting of receivables, payables, and payroll
- Manage all planning and implementation of events, projects and activities such as (but not limited to) festivals, Façade improvement program, Shop Local etc.
- Oversee the maintenance, beautification, and seasonal decoration strategies
- Initiate, promote and facilitate special member-to-member events
- Provide support and input to board sub-committees established to deal with specific activities, events and issues
- Complete other duties as directed and assigned by the BIA Board
Communication & Promotion
- Promote and foster the business and community environment in the BIA
- Represent the BIA’s interests within the community at both local and regional levels
- Manage communications with members and external stakeholders
- Manage and maintain the website and business listings
- Market BIA with the intention of attracting and retaining talented workers and entrepreneurs
- Oversee Social Media activities to ensure communication consistency and relevance
- Oversee the design, creation and production of marketing materials
- Overseeing Interns and support staff
- Obtain Sponsorship for BIA promotional events and projects.
- Foster and maintain strong relations with media and all stakeholders
- Preparation of successful grant applications
2+ years senior administrative experience including strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, calendar management and marketing/event preparation exposure. Must have strong MS Office skills.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$$75-78k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support
Client Service Coordinator
$48-52k | Full-time, Permanent
3 days ago | Administrative and Office Support
$45-55k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support