Director of Pre-Construction
$Competitive/based on experience
2 weeks ago in Real Estate and Development
Our client, a high rise residential development company is growing their development portfolio and is seeking a Director of Pre-Construction to join their team. They are a fully integrated organization that operates across all areas of development including land acquisition, zoning, design, sales, construction and customer care.
- Develop detailed and well thought out construction management plans in CADD for multiple phases of construction that include access points into the site with truck turning radius, ramp locations, hoist locations, crane locations, concrete/rebar pick up points, garbage disposal. Ensure these plans identify all interferences and concerning details and such areas are raised to the project team for discussion. Develop these plans in collaboration the site management teams.
- Conduct a thorough and detailed drawing review of all working drawings and specifications prior to issuing for tender. The review shall focus on interference of design and general coordination of drawings from different disciplines. Prepare a detailed list of all interferences and areas that require revisions by the consultants that can be presented and tabled at consultant meetings. Conduct a follow up review to prior to awarding trade contracts to ensure all details have been captured.
- Take the lead on managing the development of plans for complex, unique and one-off details, and designs. These areas of concern are multifaceted and complex which will require an in-depth review and understanding of the design with focus ensuring the plans are well coordinated and can be executed in the field while not leaving the project exposed to Trade extras. Your review of details may also include the development of detailed micro schedules and budgets/estimates. Your participation in managing these details may also require you to be onsite from time to time to act as resource for execution to the construction management team.
- If requested assist the VP, Construction and Project Managers in the development of final project budgets and schedules by providing feedback on pricing assumptions and durations of work.
- Occasionally travel to job sites as needed for, on-site supervision, problem solving; employee education and enhancement of understanding installation processes and design.
- The projects may encounter a site condition where we may require your assistance to quickly respond with an action plan to rectify a project specific issue.
- Assist with the development or review of occupancy and registrations plans that identify areas that must be complete prior to occupancy and detail egress, interim conditions such as construction hoist location, customer care path of travel, sprinkler coverage and verified fire alarm devices.
- If requested conduct a peer review of shop drawings such as shoring designs and window/curtain wall shop drawings especially if such shop drawings are associated with the complex or one-off details that you managed during working drawing phase.
- The company is actively conducting due diligence on various opportunities to purchase land. As part of due diligence it’s expected that you will collaborate with and develop a strong working relationship with Acquisitions and Development Departments. They will identify areas of concern such as soil conditions or development conceptual construction management plans and you will provide high level feedback on risk, budget and/or schedule.
- Contribute to the company’s lesson learned program where you will actively identify areas or details and designs that the company could learn from past experiences and recommend a solution. In some cases, there may be operational issues that will require you to develop a protocol or procedure.
- Attend working drawing meetings as needed to stay up to date on progress while applying lesson learned from past projects to prevent past mistakes from re-occurring.
- Provide general support and assistance to project teams and departments as directed by the VP of Construction.
- A university or college degree in a engineering or architecture
- 10-15 years’ experience in high-rise residential or ICI builds
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Excel
- Strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude analyzing site, building, and suite plans as well as other technical drawings
- Work well under stress
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Hannah; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Associate Director of Finance
$110-125k | Full-time, Permanent
2 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development