Our client, a central Toronto private school requires a Director of Finance to join their team. Reporting to the Principal, the Director of Finance will lead the effective management of all aspects of the school’s finances, including financial reporting, accounting, internal controls, budgeting and cash management. This role is equivalent to a Vice Principal and specific duties include long-term strategic financial planning, preparing for the annual audit, insurance, filing regulatory returns, and establishing policies, procedures, and strategies to safeguard the school’s assets. The Director of Finance has the primary relationship with the school’s bankers. The oversight of the facilities, human resources, salary administration, benefits, pension/RRSP, risk management, insurance, as well as the supervision of all non-teaching personnel and custodial staff is included in this portfolio.
- Play a key advisory role in the administrative management of the school;
- Responsibility for banking and lending arrangements with the school’s key bankers;
- Ensure accurate and current financial requirements of various regulatory bodies are met; Implement and maintain effective processes including technology applications to satisfy financial management information as required;
- Provide leadership and direction to all business and support staff in achieving financial goals and objectives;
- Ensure effective administration of all school policies and procedures relating to accounting and financial management as well as operations;
- Serve as a staff resource to key Board Committees;
- Ensure effective communication and liaison with all constituencies in the school and larger community.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, a relationship builder, with a demonstrated track record of success in finance and operations management, preferably acquired in a professional management capacity in an educational, public, or private sector organization. Prior experience in an independent school is a definite asset. The successful candidate should have prior experience as a Director of Finance and a professional accounting designation such as CPA, or equivalent experience. Results-focused, team builder, strategic and creative thinker with strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and management skills are all qualities required.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Hannah; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.