Our client is an independent, partner-owned investment counselling firm. They are recruiting for an exceptional candidate to join the operations, finance and compliance group, primarily focused on corporate accounting and finance related tasks. The candidate will work closely with the bookkeeper and Senior Management. They will also liaise with the fund accounting, compliance and the portfolio management team
- Assist with year end audits, tax and regulatory filings for the investment firm, owner related private companies, and investment funds
- Assist in managing monthly cash flow, analyzing working capital and cash movement
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting packages, including financial statements, memos, and board presentation packages
- Assist with owner related and firm company payments to 3rd parties and between companies
- Identify and analyze variances from budget and prior year results. Present findings in a concise manner that accurately reflects the operating results
- Review and manage expenses across the companies and investment funds
- Assist with 3rd party service provider oversight including quarterly expense reviews
- Participate in special projects firm and fund related and other assigned duties as required
- Undergraduate or advance degree – Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Economics or another related discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience in ASPE and IFRS; knowledge of pooled investment funds also preferred;
- CPA designation with a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience with a public accounting firm, investment management firm or other finance related position;
- Demonstrated leadership ability, initiative and an exceptional team player;
- Superior communication (English oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and passionate for continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Very strong analytically, and problem-solving ability with excellent use of logic;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet internal/external deadlines;
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.