Real estate asset management and development company in Markham requires a Corporate Accountant to join their team,
- Prepare financial statements (both informal and formal including notes to financial statements) for both internal and external users
- Prepare monthly working paper files and year-end audit working paper files within scheduled deadlines
- Liaise with management and third party financial information providers
- Monthly review of the internally prepared financial statements for monthly equity pick-ups required for consolidated financial statements
- Record month-end adjusting entries for corporate and development properties
- Prepare and maintain monthly cash projections and analyses.
- Monitor cash flow activities and prepare distributions
- Prepare and maintain preferred return schedules.
- Provide and co-ordinate responses to auditors and tax consultants
- Review annual tax returns for limited partnerships
- Complete any other special projects for internal & external reporting purposes as required
- Minimum 3 years of related real estate experience is preferred (not mandatory)
- Preference for experience in multiple entity consolidation with inter-company activities. Investment company experience a plus.
- Individual must possess an accounting designation (or pursuing it)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and time management skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Individual must be motivated, deadline-oriented and work well with others
- Excellent understanding of how to read and prepare complex financial statements and of how to prepare variance analysis.
- Good business judgment and ability to perform multiple tasks without frequent direction.
- Resourceful; able to solve problems and work independently.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Credit & Legal Analyst
$55-65k | Full-time, Permanent
5 days ago | Accounting and Finance
Controller, Real Estate
$110-120k | Full-time, Permanent
4 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance
Jr. Loan Operations Coordinator
$45-48k | Full-time, Contract
2 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance