Construction Project Manager
$110 - 120K
4 weeks ago in Real Estate and Development
Our client, a developer and manager of senior communities requires a Construction Project Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Project Manager, Construction will be a member of the Home Office Team and provide overall day-to-day management and oversight of various construction project activities for the Retirement Communities. This is a management role with responsibility for the management and execution of both new build and renovation construction projects for the Resident Communities.
- The ideal candidate will oversee projects from bidding to execution. You will work with senior management and act as the point of contact for clients.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business in order to contribute effectively.
- Build relationships within the senior management team and employees.
- Partner with the leadership team on all business issues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of design and construction standards.
- Work with the consulting team and internal stakeholders to plan the build process, develop project scope, schedule, budget and fully coordinated drawings, for both site plan and building permit, while ensuring coordination of both.
- Ensure drawings and specifications for compliance with standards and requirements.
- Work with Lighting Consultant and Electrical Engineer to finalize lighting package.
- Works with Interior Designer and Mechanical Engineer to finalize plumbing fixture package.
- Works with Hardware Consultant and Architect to finalize door and hardware schedules.
- Works with Low Voltage Consultant and Kitchen Equipment Consults to develop plans and specifications.
- Works with Voice and TV service providers to establish requirements, solicit contracts and coordinate infrastructure requirements with consulting team.
- Makes application for and obtains all building and occupancy permits.
- Oversees project drawing and specification database throughout the project to ensure that current information is posted.
- Ensures all aspects of contract administration i.e. RFIs, COs, Submittals are tracked, logged and appropriately actioned.
- Facilitates and oversee equipment start-up and commissioning.
- Ensures that approved drawings and specifications are being followed on site and that standards are met. (Quality Control)
- Ensures project schedules are maintained and regularly supervises the construction program with regular on-site design and construction meetings to ensure contractual conditions of performance are met and report on their progress.
- Value engineer projects, both new build and renovations, as required including FF&E and construction solutions to ensure projects are delivered on or below budget.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Comparative analysis from building to building
- Liaise with owners and managers to ensure their understanding on the project’s progress.
- Regularly liaise with consultants, trades and suppliers to ensure project compliance to standards, budget and timelines.
- Liaise with city building and public health officials as required to obtain all necessary permits.
- Manages conflict and achieves resolution in a crisis when necessary, including resolving issues within various functions at the company.
- Generalist who has demonstrated expertise in planning, resource, time, project and budget management in previous roles dealing with the management of construction projects.
- 5-8 years’ experience in construction management. Has expert knowledge of building processes, products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Degree/diploma in an appropriate discipline such as Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering.
- A proven background and understanding of the design & construction management function, with an understanding/perspective of how to ensure that the construction project management system relates to and supports the business enterprise and mitigates potential risks.
- Recognized as a energetic, self-starter ‘doer’ and ‘problem solver’– someone who cultivates teamwork as a fundamental organizational practice, and collaborates willingly across other internal functions to get the job done.
- Reputation of unassailable integrity and trust. Approachable, hands-on style, good sense of humor, good listener and capable of providing honest, direct feedback with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to influence the actions of others throughout the force of his or her credibility and expertise rather than through position or status.
- Extensive experience and proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Project software.
- Fast-paced executive who thrives amidst change, managing competing priorities, demands and tasks, while projecting a calm, confident, reassuring demeanor.
- Ability to plan and see the ‘big picture’.
- Possesses excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Understand the value of teamwork and the critical nature of teamwork within the company culture.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Associate Director of Finance
$110-125k | Full-time, Permanent
2 months ago | Real Estate and Development