Our client, a developer and manager of senior communities requires a Construction Coordinator to join their team. This position will be responsible for contributing to the planning, design, co-ordination, construction and brand standards development and execution effort. This role is critical link between both internal and external stakeholders. The Design and Construction team is responsible for the design and coordination between divisions and construction of new build projects, as well as renovation projects within the current communities. The Coordinator, Construction will play a critical role in assisting the coordination and administration of systems and processes which will enable the company to achieve both its long-term real estate strategy, as well brand growth.
- Assist in steering project(s) through design, permits and construction phases to deliver on time and within budget.
- Attend weekly or bi-weekly site meetings with project team, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Assist Project Manager/Director with inputting data into MS Project.
- Provide administrative support in all construction related processes.
- Support Project Manager/Director in coordinating all project drawings/specifications.
- Coordinate lighting/plumbing/hardware specification development.
- Execute plans and specifications for low voltage and kitchen equipment.
- Manage project database (update drawing list and distribute weekly).
- Provide Project Manager/Director with support throughout building permit process and other permit processes as necessary.
- Develop and manage completion of punch list.
- Support Construction and Design team in value engineering as required.
- Support commissioning process (gather construction documentation etc.).
- Document and maintain brand standards (assist Project Manager/Director with sourcing alternate products etc.).
- Update standards document
- Update trade lists
- Fill out submittal, transmittal templates as required
- File, store and maintain all project files and all documentation as necessary
- Issue Purchase Orders for any construction procurement required
- Liaise with contractor(s) to obtain estimates, pricing, product specifications, warranties and other correspondence.
- Coordinate with suppliers and subcontractors for pricing and scheduling, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Facilitate/manage draw down process (receive, unpack and organize, compare against boards and report back to Project Manager/Director).
- Organize, maintain logs and prioritize RFIs, Change Orders and submittals, includes tracking and ensure Project Manager and Director of Construction respond.
- Assist Construction and Finance team with spreadsheets, as requested.
- Responsible for tracking all invoices that have been verified by Project Manager.
- Coordinate activities related to tech services and project management for existing buildings.
- Coordinate meetings, manage and maintain minutes.
- Administrative duties as required; photocopying, order drawing prints, scanning, filing, receive and upload paperwork, hard copy reports and plans that arrive at HO (e.g. planning applications) etc.
- Assist with the flow of invoices and approvals. Be the person who chases down tasks e.g. print agreements to get signatures, calls couriers etc.
- Assist with project accounting functions i.e. coding invoices
- Assist in tracking of budgets
- Order drawings and maintain up to date office drawings
- Assist with preparation of Project Schedules
- Coordinate internal review and comments back to Architect and other consultants on drawings and specifications as required.
- Liaise with Consultants as required, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Assist with drawing and specification review capturing of all non-scope work.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications for contractors to ensure compliance with construction plans and specifications and obtain additional information from the project consultants when necessary
- Review invoices to ensure costs and quantities match what was ordered and delivered
- Ensure work is being performed in accordance with drawings, specifications, standards, etc.
- Conduct and record frequent QA/QC inspections
- Estimate Contract Changes, as directed by Project Manager/Director
- Monitor shop drawings approval process and circulation. Process shop drawings to consultants and trades as required
- Review, monitor and update Project Schedules in order to track the progress of all new and current projects.
- Coordinate field inspections.
- Co-ordinate and assist with final inspections and production of deficiency lists on Bridgit
- Other duties as required
- Responsibilities and essential functions may be modified at any time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate office environment
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or combination of education and related experience in construction environment is preferred
- Previous exposure to design documents, construction documents, and / or contracts would be an asset
- Industry knowledge of retirement community/hotel/design/construction/project management.
- Advanced Microsoft skills proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Articulate English verbal and written communication ability
- Skilled at building mutually beneficial relationships (corporate partners, suppliers, owners, consultants)
- Vigilantly attentive to detail, impeccable organization and multiple project coordination skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment
- Ability to provide structure and consistency in a fluid, rapidly evolving, broad, and cross functional work environment
- Highly self-empowered, motivated to learn
- Successfully set priorities, take ownership of responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Well organized structured thinker
- Ability to anticipate problems and execute solutions – proactive problem solver
- Ability to work under intense activity and pressure conditions
- Ability to travel to job site as required
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Property Asset Manager
$85-95k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development
Associate Director of Finance
$110-125k | Full-time, Permanent
4 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development
$90-115k DOE | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development