Our client, a developer and manager of senior communitites requires a Community Property Asset Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Community Property Asset Manager will also work closely with the Home Office Construction and Finance teams as well as the operating teams at the Communities. The Community Property Asset Manager’s main responsibility is to be a resource and consultant to the Communities maintenance teams while providing hands-on assistance where needed.
This role requires the development of a long-term strategy for the tracking and maintenance of each Communities’ physical assets and systems. The Community Property Asset Manager is responsible to know the details of all Communities contracts and ensure Services Managers and Maintenance Coordinators fully understand all aspects of the contracts.
- Be familiar with the maintenance and capex budgets for each Community to provide insight, expertise, resources and advice on how best to use their financial resources to maximize their short term operational needs and long term asset investments
- Monitor service performance for all X negotiated service providers/contractors; liaison on behalf of Communities’ with service providers where services are not provided or below expectations
- Review quotes and scopes of work for individual building and equipment repairs/replacement;
- validate recommended scopes and advise on proposed next steps where appropriate.
- Visit each Community on a regular basis to review building and equipment conditions and preventative maintenance compliance; report any concerns or deficiencies promptly to the Community Director and/or Director of Operations.
- Provide information and budget allowances for each Community during the annual budget development process as requested.
- Ensure the properties are in compliance with all municipal, provincial and/or federal legislations and requirements as it pertains to plant and equipment requirements
- Ensure that tasks, ways of work, processes and procedures are performed in conjunction with
- Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Participate in the interview/selection process for all Maintenance Coordinators for each
- Follow up and effectively resolve difficult issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrate your commitment to the Orange Dot Values by being a role model and living the values
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a hands-on residential and/or commercial property
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Property Manager or similar position
- Multiple property coordination/management experience required
- Understanding and knowledge about building systems, engineering, structures, construction, maintenance and plant management required
- Understanding and experience with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and requirements
- Understand TSSA, Ontario Building Code and Ontario Fire Codes is required; knowledge of
- Building Automation Systems is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent administrative and organization skills
- Capable of working under pressure and solving problems efficiently
- Able to use plant / equipment maintenance and planning software (software to be determined)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to collaborate to solve issues/tasks/challenges and confidently make decisions and recommendations using facts, sound reasoning and common sense
- Must be able to walk/stand for extensive period of time
- Must have a car and driver’s license, willing to travel in the GTA and Southern Ontario
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$90-115k DOE | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development
$65-75k | Full-time, Permanent
1 month ago | Real Estate and Development
Associate Director of Finance
$110-125k | Full-time, Permanent
4 weeks ago | Real Estate and Development