Our client, a professional services company located downtown is seeking an energetic, creative and efficient Corporate Communications Manager. In this role, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer with significant Senior Management Team interaction. Your directive will be to develop and implement plans that align to strategic priorities, values, mission and vision. You will build and support strengthening the company’s profile in the media as well as managing day-to-day communications activities, providing thoughtful and strategic communications direction to a variety of business leads. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the power generation sector, and particularly in renewable energy projects.
- Build and implement a corporate communications strategy for both internal and external communication.
- Work with business leads, subject matter experts and legal/compliance to ensure communications align with strategic priorities.
- Monitor and manage communication platforms – website, social media, e-mail, etc.
- Manage communications policies – Maintain, monitor, update and train i.e. crisis communications, media communications.
- Producing materials including presentations, corporate fact sheets and other ad hoc reports as required or requested.
- Source and execute strategically aligned media and speaking opportunities for team members.
- Support public reporting, community relations, employee engagement including health and safety initiatives and the development/implementation of the ESG program.
- Post-secondary education in corporate communications, public relations, marketing or a related discipline.
- At least five years of professional work experience in a communications-related role.
- Experience with media and other external stakeholder relations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills to plan, research and develop compelling content for a wide variety of purposes.
- Flexible problem solver with the ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Abode suite of creative products including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficient Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with colleagues, clients and the general public.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.