Business Development Manager
4 weeks ago in Sales and Account Management
Our client, a commercial lending financial services company\requires a Business Development Manager to represent the company in Vancouver. This company is Canada’s leading provider of innovative financing and risk management solutions developed for legal claimants, their lawyers and the experts involved in developing their claims, each designed to facilitate access to justice for their clients.
They are looking to grow their team of professionals and are on the hunt for a Business Development Manager who will create mutually respectful relationships between long-term Clients and the company by developing and executing plans and through regular contact with key individuals. In addition, the Business Development Manager will pro-actively develop new business opportunities directly with these accounts and/or with Centers of Influences associated by promoting and selling the company’s products.
- Manage an existing portfolio of Client relationships and identify and pursue new relationship opportunities for the firm with respect to both plaintiff and lawyer/law firm targeted products (Settlement Loans including Treatment Financing, Law Firm Loans including both direct Disbursement Loans and Credit Facilities and the Expert Access program).
- Develop and execute a plan of strategies to be used in the growth and development of clients.
- Actively network within the legal community in general and amongst centres of influence associated with clients.
- Assist in the development and pursuit of new business areas for us outside of personal injury law including opportunities in employment, trusts and estates, family, commercial and class action law.
- Assist in the development and preparation of proposals providing product descriptions, specifications and pricing for sales opportunities.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new clients for all products.
- Respond to client applications, inquiries, calls, as part of the on-boarding process – in advance of the admin team taking over the process.
- Conducting sales presentations to educate, support and identify opportunities.
- Responsible for utilizing Salesforce.com to manage all sales initiatives and duties.
- Interact, collaborate and strategize with all other members of the sales, business development and client relations team with a view to improving and implementing a uniform and cohesive nationwide sales and business development plan.
- Be cognizant of and actively contribute towards the achievement of the growth targets established for the Sales Team.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years B2B account management & Sales experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in at least one of legal, banking or insurance industries.
- Competitive by nature, and results driven with a track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Razor-sharp understanding of the buying process and sales cycle.
- Ability to accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue.
- History of successful sales achievements and effective closing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, schedule and follow through.
- Professional communication and presentation skills.
- Technical savvy with a strong command of the English Language.
- Process oriented and an ability to drive/manage relationships systematically.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and intense focus on accuracy.
- Proven ability to work with and leverage a customer relationship management (CRM) database (Salesforce preferred)
- Proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to travel overnight.
- Must have valid license.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.