Downtown financial services company requires a Business and Data Analyst to join their team. This role requires an energetic, motivated and adaptable professional to join in this key role supporting senior management. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the successful candidate will be a critical source of business intelligence to the organization and participate in regular business strategy sessions with company leadership.
You are a smart, ambitious and passionate individual who strives to make a positive impact and aspires to a leadership position in a focused, creative, and dynamic environment. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing a range of cross-functional projects and be exposed to opportunities for career growth, intellectual stimulation and creative problem solving, all while working in a business on the leading edge of an emerging global industry.
- Participate in the evaluation, design and implementation of technological processes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of loan processing activities
- Chair project meetings, drive clarification of requirements and remove roadblocks for multiple initiatives simultaneously; liaise between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Ensure communication among key internal and external business partners, customers and other stakeholders regarding status, milestones, issue resolution and escalation of projects
- Gather user / business requirements for project portfolios and prepare documentation that consolidates information into process flow diagrams (e.g. swim lanes)
- Interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Turn information gained through interviews, document analysis, workshop attendance, business process training, task analysis, and workflow analysis into actionable organizational insights
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; conduct technical testing on new systems, platforms and databases
- Administrator for Jira Software (Kan Ban Projects)
- Help senior leadership anticipate and manage the current and future needs of the business through the use of leading technology platforms and big data analysis techniques.
- Design and conduct business performance variance analysis; create, generate and present reports or dashboards to deliver essential information to staff, management and IT professionals
- Use data to analyze customer business behavior and create models and plans to optimize multiple endpoints such as client engagement and business financial performance
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to identify information needs and functional requirements; translate into technical specifications and delivering appropriate analysis as needed, e.g. functional requirements; business requirements; use cases; screen mock-ups and interface designs
- Contribute to the establishment and promotion of a culture which promotes quality of work, service orientation and flexibility, through influencing attitudes, utilising industry best practices and ensuring the continual review and improvement of processes
- Own the reporting and creation of dashboards using Sisense, our data aggregation system; manage all regular and ad hoc data reporting activities
- Maintain an extremely high degree of quality control at all times; ensure that all systems or process changes are fully tested and de-bugged before deployment to production
- Pursue the continued education in the area of data analysis techniques and financial technology systems and the flow of interconnected data between them
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Management or Engineering
- 5-10 Years in Business and Data Analyst role(s) ideally in the Financial Services Industry
- Practiced in ITIL Disciplines (in particular Problem Management and Change Management)
- Hands on experience in Analytics / Data Management (such as SQL, ETL, Master Data Management
- Concepts, Data visualisation using SiSense or Similar)
- Knowledge of 4D would be an asset
- Knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, One Drive …)
- Agile Practitioner (Jira Administration)
- Knowledge of APIs / Web Services Integration
- Knowledge of Legal Technology
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$90-110k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance
Institutional Investment Associate
$70-85k | Full-time, Permanent
1 month ago | Accounting and Finance
Senior Accountant, Real Estate
$75-80k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance