Our client, a real estate investment and management company with residential properties across Canada requires a Bilingual Health & Safety Business Partner to join their team, supporting the eastern porfolio.
The People, Health & Safety Business Partner will support national Health & Safety programs and initiatives in addition to people operations for Eastern Canada across all HR functions including, but not limited to: talent acquisition, employee relations and legal matters, performance management, total rewards, coaching and development along with HRIS database management.
Health & Safety
- Provide national health & safety leadership and support to the Regional and National Operations teams.
- Participate in the development, implementation and execution of a health and safety program in conjunction with the People & Wellness Manager
- Provide input regarding design and development of processes and tools necessary to execute the health and safety strategy nationally.
- Identify gaps, propose, and implement changes necessary to cover risks.
- Identify and evaluates risks associated with hazards in the workplace and recommend changes to eliminate or mitigate such hazards.
- Mentor and coach safety committee members, management, and regional safety champions to manage and execute safety systems.
- Support the implementation of policies, corporate standards, and programs to mitigate risk and achieve compliance with Provincial legislation.
- Deliver training on health, safety & people matters.
- Provide interpretation and guidance to the delivery of People & Culture policies and programs, recommending updates and enhancements as required.
- Interpret and explain policies, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Act as an advisor to both managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Bring forward operational and employee concerns or issues to senior management.
- Build strong relationships with operations leaders (Director, Regional Maintenance Manager, Regional Managers, Property Managers and Community Managers).
- Make recommendations where there are performance issues and participate in facilitating resolutions.
- Participate and facilitate the Performance Review Process for respective Regions.
- Support the Talent team in the full-cycle talent acquisition needs for Regional and some Site Level positions including needs analysis, job description creation, devising a recruitment plan through to the offer stage, in partnership with the hiring manager.
- Pre-screen resumes, short-listing, scheduling, conducting pre-screen telephone interviews and cultural / team fit assessments.
- Proactively guide and coach leaders through the hiring process.
- Facilitate and schedule interviews with Management for internal and external applicants.
- Absence tracking, payroll and general system maintenance in UltiPro.
- Update all payroll files in HRIS system and Excel in order to process pay for new hires, changes, as well as terminations.
- Preparation of quarterly leasing commissions and bonus payments.
- Proactive in developing process improvement solutions and implementing best practices to mitigate any risks.
- Initiate and participate in projects, both planned and ad hoc, to improve People & Culture practices and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in Health & Safety, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Business degree, with specialization in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate degree in health and safety management would be an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a HR function preferably in a of a large-scale organization, with a high interest in broadening their experience into a Health & Safety generalist role.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a health and safety specialist/consultant role, preferably in a large organization, with a keen interest in diversifying experience into an HR generalist role.
- Completion of Certificate in Human Resources Management (CHRP/CRHA) would be an asset.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.