Bilingual Event Coordinator
3 weeks ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a professional services foundation requires a Bilingual Event Coordinator to join their team on a three month contract basis with the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
- Create events in IMIS (membership database)
- Setup program agendas on company website
- Create & send broadcasts, schedule reminders, conference announcements, thank yous, create surveys for events using SurveyMonkey, material collections for event (PowerPoints etc.), create banners/images for events.
- Ongoing website maintenance: upcoming calendar of events, event archives, Young Practitioner committees, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for caterer and room rental for events and meetings as well as sound/webcast technicians for webcasts
- Communication with speakers re: memos, bios, presentations, copyright agreements, ensuring their presentations are submitted on time etc.
- Uploading conference materials, delegate lists, on the X events app and/or website.
- Create surveys and share feedback as needed.
- Ensuring organized and successful execution of each conference and webcast
- Act a first point of contact for all events in Montreal
- On-site production and cleanup before and after events.
- Maintaining the budget and tracking expenses for each event
- Requesting approval from the Barreau du Québec for each event and sending the attestations post conference
- Maintaining social media account (LinkedIn) with upcoming events, volunteer spotlights, Tax Focus articles etc.
- Maintain the database of our members – process payments, billing, follow-up, registrations, membership updates, etc.
- Revise, edit and compose documentation/emails in French + English
- Prepare for any internal staff meetings
- Create and execute numerous projects using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Maintain meeting minute files and to do lists that result from the meetings
- Minimum 1 year experience in the event management industry
- Graduation from a recognized education institution at a minimum equivalent to Ontario Secondary School
- familiarity with office equipment
- proficient with MS Office modules – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bilingual in English and French
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
- Ability to interact easily with others at all levels
- Ability to work flexible hours
- High degree of organization skills
- High energy, creative, team player
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.