Our client, a west end property management company requires an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team.
- Perform day-to-day accounting and financial duties through all phases of projects, from acquisition to disposition of a project.
- Gather and review trade contracts and Issue PO accordingly
- Enter anchor budget of the new projects in the accounting system
- Code and process invoices with accuracy and efficiency
- Reconcile Vendor Statements and aging reports to ensure all invoices are processed
- Process cheques related to monthly construction draws for each project
- Overseeing general ledger accounts, A/P & A/R reconciliations, month-end, progress construction-draws, project close-out, year-end, balance sheet and income statement analysis
- Monthly review of job cost activity, ensuring consistent and proper coding
- File and organize all records related to each project.
- Review and monitor project financial activity, including budgets, invoices, work orders, contracts and purchase orders, change orders, close-out documents with a high level of accuracy and within required time frames
- Effectively and accurately communicate discrepancies related to purchase orders and invoices
- Provide other duties as requested and required
- 5-6 years of accounting / bookkeeping experience in a Construction environment
- University or College Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related business curriculum and working towards a professional designation
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to analyze and understand large volumes of financial data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Quick learner who possesses a high sense of initiative and can work under little supervision
- Strong organizational skills with proven efficiency to handle multiple projects at one time, both independently and in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work under time constraints with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Sage, or other accounting softwares
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Newstar Homebuilder is a definite asset
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Elyse; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.