Our client, an energy infrastructure company, requires an Accounting Analyst to join their team in the Port Burwell area. The Accounting Analyst is directly responsible for performing data analysis, data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes filing, maintaining, and updating financial spreadsheets and performing other administrative and reporting duties of the finance department. The analyst will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support to facilitate daily bank reconciliations. This individual will work a regular 40-hour week with overtime required at certain times.
- Coordinate and process all accounts payable and accrual activities.
- Coordinate and process payments in accordance with internal controls over accounts payable and payments, including filing.
- Prepare the finance team and treasury calendars of deliverables and payments.
- Assist with the expense analysis for our operating businesses.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management reporting.
- Support the financial reporting internal control testing process.
- Support treasury processes for cash management and forecasting
- Prepare quarterly Statistics Canada filing.
- Prepare, document and coordinate support for external auditors
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities for accounts payable and payment cycles.
- Perform analysis and make recommendations on areas to achieve cost savings.
- Assist with quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested.
- Experience IFRS accounting, internal control and general ledgers (GP Dynamics, Vena experience is an asset).
- Experience working with accounts payable, general ledgers.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Able to recognise issues that arise from own work; accurately assess the impact, make recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Knowledgeable of accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including data analysis, manipulation and problem solving.
- Able to utilize computers and technology efficiently.
- Able to learn and work with multiple and changing software.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.