Boutique law firm downtown requires an Accountant to join their team on a contract basis to cover a 12 month mat leave. Reporting to the Controller, the qualified candidate will assist Firm members in two locations.
- GL and report maintenance, including customized reports created using in-house reporting tools.
- Monthly financial analyses of revenue, expenses, and balance sheet accounts, including detailed variance analyses that provide insight to drivers of cause and effect.
- Maintain amortization schedules for capital assets.
- Process and review daily financial transactions in accounting system.
- Month end close process including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports for management.
- Preparation of HST returns.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget.
- Participate in the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience in a professional services firm.
- CPA designation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products especially Excel which should include advanced spreadsheet skills (i.e. Pivot tables, functions, database maintenance, data charts, macros etc.).
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Proven experience in management report creation.
- Agile and responsive service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.