Accident Benefit Legal Assistant
3 weeks ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a personal injury law firm located in Markham requires an AB Legal Assistant to join their team on a six month contract basis.
- Initial intakes and interviews
- Identify limitation period
- Authorization, discoveries
- Drafting correspondence
- Drafting of motion records, pre-trial conferences, mediation memos, pre-accident health histories and treatment chronologies, and affidavits of documents
- Preparing summaries
- Dealing with undertakings and productions
- Maintaining positive rapport with clients
- Other duties as required
- Minimum two years of accident benefit experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Superior drafting abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong technical skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Leah; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.