Our client, a downtown tech start up requires a Payroll Specialist to join their team on a three month contract basis. This position manages payroll for 200 employees across Ontario.
- Updates and maintains employee records in the HRIS; processes all status changes and internal moves by payroll related deadlines; prepares import files for uploading to payroll
- Prepares and enters all payroll transactions (200 employees) accurately and in accordance with established payroll deadlines; balances payroll entries and prepares the files for audit
- Maintains and organizes payroll records in a secure manner; recommends best practices for payroll related processes; creates and maintains controls-based payroll procedure documents
- Produces all regular payroll related reports; submits pension contribution remittances; prepares GL uploads for Finance and assists in resolving discrepancies
- Responds to employee inquiries about individual pay issues, deductions, taxable benefits etc.; prepares confirmation of employment letters
- Processes group benefit plan enrollments, changes, and terminations; reconciles invoices and prepares cost breakdown report for Finance
- Manages all payroll related year-end activities; reconciles taxable benefit and pension adjustment reports
- 3-5+ years of payroll experience
- Relevant university/college education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive and advanced level knowledge of Canadian payroll requirements
- Experience with Ceridian
- Expert computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word
- High level of integrity with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team and throughout the organization
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with a focus on problem solving and continuous improvement
- Meticulous attention to detail and very strong organizational and prioritization skills
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth Title; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.