Downtown law firm is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join their Toronto office. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Finance. Preference will be given to candidates with accounting experience within law or professional services.
- Month end close process including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation and analyzation of monthly financial statements and group reporting.
- Active involvement with new accounting system implementation including user acceptance testing, documentation and data validation.
- Participation in the year-end audit including preparation of audit working papers.
- Manage bank accounts, deposits and balances
- Manage monthly HST and Corporate tax filings
- Provide advice and guidance on technical accounting matters to finance department and wider business.
- Support business unit leaders with ad hoc financial analysis and projects
- Develop and review accounting policies and procedures
- Support the external and internal auditors
- CPA designation an asset with minimum 4 years’ experience within the legal industry or professional services
- Strong knowledge of MS Suite (Excel and Outlook primarily)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is critical
- Experience of working within professional services is desirable
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Lindsey Title; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.