Our client, a Canadian-based asset manager and private bank, requires a Fund Accounting Manager to join their team. They are a unique firm by way of combining the scale and capability of a large global bank, with the continuity and genuine commitment to service of a boutique firm.
- Participate in preparing financial statements;
- Prepare and review information disclosed in notes to financial statements;
- Review information received from fund administrators;
- Interact with third-party administrator on fund accounting, month-end valuations;
- Perform cash reconciliation and forecasting for the funds;
- Review daily NAV calculations for the funds;
- Participate in quality control process;
- Assist with monthly & quarterly fund processes including distribution calculations, management fee calculations, oversight of fund expenses, and other various monthly management reporting items;
- Assist with annual & semi-annual financial statement and annual audit processes for the funds;
- Assist with year-end tax reporting process including reviewing fund distributions and ensuring tax factors on tax slips are completed correctly, filing tax returns for funds;
- Assist with opening new markets and maintain tax documents;
Assist with adhoc financial analysis and marketing support related to funds and/or institutional clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Professional Designation (CPA);
- 5 to 10 years of experience preparing and analyzing financial statements within the investment fund industry
- Detailed knowledge of fund accounting, fund financial reporting & tax;
- Experience with pooled funds would be an asset;
- Should have excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and various other processing packages;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to prioritize;
- Client service oriented and team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong organisation skills, with an attention to detail.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.