Part-time Executive Secretary
1 month ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a foundation located in central Toronto requires a Part-time Executive Secretary. The role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and is subject to the direction and approval of the president and the board of directors. The Secretary acts as the liaison between the organizations seeking funding and the Foundation, ensures the orderly and timely management of funding cycles from reception of grant inquiries to the request’s final disposition, and carries out the various legal tasks as required of a Corporation Secretary by various levels of government.
- Acts as the “office face” of the Foundation with groups requesting funding by answering all telephone and emailed requests for information or follow up.
- Ensures that any entity seeking funding is a registered Canadian charity.
- Maintains the Foundation’s funding database (Microsoft Access)
- Prepares funding requests for viewing at pre-selections, executive and full board meetings.
- Prepares and mails information packages for all executive and board meetings.
- Takes accurate minutes of all executive and board meetings.
- After funding meetings, notifies organizations of Foundation decisions, and when the meetings are executive or board meetings, prepares the minutes of the meetings, including a financial insert, and implements any board directives.
- Signs all Foundation cheques
- Prepares annual reports of applications received and approved, commitments for the upcoming years, etc.
- Maintains and updates the Foundations Procedures Manual.
- Updates the Foundation’s website as necessary, in conjunction with the site’s webmaster.
- Maintains (and provides when requested) certain information for the Foundation’s auditors.
- Completes the Government of Ontario’s annual return annually and whenever there is any change in directors or officers of the Corporation.
- Signs various Charities Directorate (Canada Customs and Revenue—CRA) documents
- Other duties, as may arise.
Previous executive support required in addition to strong MS Office skills.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Tort Law Clerk
$50-55k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support
Senior Administrative Assistant
$50k | Full-time, Permanent
2 months ago | Administrative and Office Support
$45k | Full-time, Permanent
4 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support