Our client, a real estate construction & development company located close to Lakeshore and Leslie is seeking an Accountant to join their team on an 18 month contract basis. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Accountant is an integral part of the finance team who assists in overseeing the general accounting of the group in accordance with ASPE and takes an active role in monthly close reporting and analysis, financial reporting, ad hoc reporting, and working on ad-hoc projects. The Accountant is also responsible for reviewing balance sheets of the corporate operations and providing feedback and assisting the Director, Finance on key initiatives as required.
- Monthly journal entries and working papers for multiple entities
- Manage and review daily bank reconciliations for various bank accounts and balance sheet reconciliations for multiple entities
- Maintain auto lease obligation and fixed assets account and book monthly journal entries
- Preparing sales tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Review, record, settle related party transactions, ensure intercompany transactions are balance and reconciled across entities
- Assist Director, Finance in year-end audit process, providing support and schedules as needed
- Guide accounting clerical staff on entering transactions and answering questions
- Monitor and reconcile suspense accounts
- Work closely with Director, Finance to complete a special project to move entities from previous accounting system to new accounting system
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis, reports, and special projects as necessary
- Minimum 3 years of full-cycle accounting experience in a construction environment
- Strong knowledge of sales tax regulations in various provinces
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Superior problem solving and decision-making ability with the determination to anticipate issues and see corrective actions through to resolution
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint construction software is an asset
- Some experience with systems implementation is an asset
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.