Our client, an international real estate asset management company requires a Payroll Analyst to join their Toronto corporate office. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Analyst, Payroll will be responsible to receive, assess, and validate HR and employee changes; enter pay and tax changes; and answer general inquiries related to pay and tax.
The successful candidate will also be required to audit and analyze multi-province employee transactions checking for accuracy, timely processing and compliance. They will also demonstrate proactive and productive analytical thinking and troubleshooting. They will partner with the Payroll Manager to ensure solutioning of the overall payroll process to drive required service level results.
- Helps execute a standard audit and proactive data verification process for all payroll data to ensure information is correct and maintained properly, at both the employee and employer level.
- Verifies payroll outputs for accuracy, sensibility and overall correctness and mitigates as required before loading into system production.
- Performs responsibilities which establish and maintain accurate employee/payroll/tax records; includes auditing and analyzing records for compliance with established employment labour and company standards, and changes in pay and tax status, and other miscellaneous changes by HR and employees.
- Variance and validation reporting including balancing and controlling earnings and deduction totals; inspecting system output such as registers and standard reports, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions.
- Creates and prepares general ledger entries for interface in collaboration with HRIS and Finance.
- Monitors and files tax reports and forms; responds to tax inquires; completes quarterly and year end balancing.
- Runs existing structured and ad hoc reports for validation purposes, for inclusion in financial statements and to fulfill requests by management, HR and Finance.
- Prepares wires and funds Payroll and Benefits; monitors for transaction completion and mitigates any stopped workflows.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of relevant payrolexperience
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification required
- University or college degree (HR, Business Administration) preferred
- Proven analysis and audit experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including excel (ex. functions, pivot tables, macros)
- System / database troubleshooting, utilization and detail orientation to data integrity
- Payroll and time administration/timekeeping background including troubleshooting, compliance and reporting
- Experience working with an HRIS system is preferred. Workday experience would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate good presentation skills
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Media Finance Administrator
$16-18.00/hour | Full-time, Temporary
2 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance
$40k | Full-time
2 weeks ago | Accounting and Finance
Financial Modeling Specialist
$70-80k | Full-time, Permanent
1 month ago | Accounting and Finance