Office & Data Coordinator
1 week ago in Administrative and Office Support
Our client, a downtown law firm requires a Office and Data Coordinator to join their team. Ideally, the successful candidate will grow into a position of familiarity with most aspects of the operations of the office and learn to handle or assist with many of the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual administrative activities. The role is expected to include data analysis and reporting both in relation to numerous ongoing legal projects (client files), and in relation to legal business management and law office administration.
- Creating and maintaining records of legal files and pertinent file management data.
- Reporting to senior lawyer(s) on status of legal files, communications and data systems
- Creating and updating timetables, monitoring file progress and timelines for stages of legal cases.
- Reporting on firm’s use and availability of lawyer resources, and progress of related legal projects.
- Analyzing and reporting on estimates of legal project work, in relation to available lawyer resources.
- Maintaining telephone systems (one land line system, and one web based system) and related voicemail.
- Maintaining email systems, and implementing updates, changes or new systems as required.
- Maintaining computer file backup systems and updates.
- Monitoring / maintaining office local area network.
- Maintaining and monitoring file storage system, records of file location, closed file return or disposal.
- Dealing with external vendors of digital and other services, for renewals, changes, and any problems.
- Problem solving as issues may arise in any areas being monitored or maintained.
- Generating reports to senior lawyer from records of legal services, and from business records.
- Generating reports and information pertinent to filing of tax returns particularly HST.
- Generally assisting with management tasks as instructed by senior lawyer.
- Strong numerical skills, and clear fluency in a high level of written and spoken English are required.
- A creative familiarity with Microsoft Excel is required, including creation and regular use of data sheets.
- Other programs used or learned in the role include Microsoft Word, PcLaw, and Microsoft Project.
- Facility with computers and competence to deal with communication and data systems is necessary.
- A self-starting learner should be able to assimilate specific skills required for the role, while on the job.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Beth; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
$40-42k | Full-time, Permanent
3 weeks ago | Administrative and Office Support
$80-90k | Full-time, Contract
1 week ago | Administrative and Office Support