Our client, a not for profit organization within the Jewish community is seeking a Director of Fundraising to join their team. Located at Bathurst and Lawrence, This role will report to the Executive Director and identify, cultivate, and solicit individual and foundation donors, primarily in Toronto and across the region as required as well as the development and execution of annual fundraising events and alumni engagement strategies. The Director will be responsible for creating the work plans and tactics to grow annual programs and for the results of these programs. The Director will also partner closely with the Executive Director and colleagues in Israel on other related fundraising and stewardship activities.
- Increase awareness of helping to build a broader donor base and to increase the frequency and level of donations.
- Proactively identify new leads and prospective donors
- Personally solicit gifts within the annual program and Special Campaigns, as well as cultivate and steward donors to maintain involvement, interest and support.
- Support the Executive Director in the strategy, cultivation and stewardship of donors independently or together, whether through background or foreground moves.
- Alongside the Executive Director, train and support volunteers to identify prospects, how to cultivate and solicit in stand-alone or blended asks
- Undertake stewardship with major gift and annual donors, mainly in the Toronto area, but also elsewhere in Canada to delivering impact reports and supporting other stewardship efforts.
- Partner with the Executive Director on the planning, coordination, and delivery of engagement activities.
- Provide oversight and input into donor events and tactical support where required.
- Working in tandem with the Administrative Assistant to ensure effective processing and acknowledgement procedures for gifts and pledges, fund reporting, ensuring that funds are used for intended purposes, and preparing stewardship reports on an annual basis.
- Manage alumni initiatives, including ongoing identification, engagement, and management.
- Represent the organization at community and fundraising events
- Assist in planning an annual trip to the Board of Governors and other events for volunteers and donors from across our region
- Provide industry knowledge, monitor trends, and implement best practices as appropriate.
- Initiative, curiosity and strong follow through, the Director will be tenacious about uncovering prospects and connections to build our prospect pipeline. The ideal candidate will have experience in donor strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as well as generalist experience in other areas of fundraising including but not limited to event management.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the philanthropic environment in Toronto, and previous experience working with donors in the Jewish community
- Discretion, tact, and judgment are all essential in this role. An articulate and proactive communicator, the ideal candidate will possess strong listening, speaking, and writing skills, as well as experience with proposal development
- Collaborative and dependable and willing to engage proactively with others across the country and around the world as part of our global network to share, learn, ideate, and find solutions together.
- Flexible and willing to pitch in when needed
- Experience in effectively engaging, supporting, and encouraging volunteers. As a strong partner for the volunteers, the Director will work alongside the Executive Director and independently to clarify the purpose, strategy, and goals of committees, and ensure volunteers are informed and up-to-date
- Goal-orientated and motivated to achieve targets, the successful candidate will have a track record in identifying prospects, developing relationships, and closing gifts or business deals
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a disciplined approach. The ideal candidate will be optimistic and comfortable with stretch goals, yet at the same time able to forecast revenues and manage expectations in an effective manner
- Flexibility in schedule is required
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Jillian; email@example.com
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.