Our client, a real estate construction company located close to the Port Lands & Leslieville requires a Corporate Controller to join their operations. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Corporate Controller will lead oversight of day-to-day operations and payroll in a fast-paced construction organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the transactional functions of construction accounting and job-costing.
- Managing a team of 3 AR/AP Administrators; supporting and guiding them with problem solving (customers’ requests, batch errors); reviewing individual team members’ interim and annual performance; supporting them in composing and fulfilling their development plan; holding one-on-one meetings with team members and discussing their success as well as challenges/issues.
- Facilitate month end close procedures and work with Director, Finance to produce monthly reporting packages.
- Training and supporting new staff with impact on compliance with Company’s policies and procedures (job costing, GL expenses, expense reports process, vendor setup, petty cash accounts).
- Assisting internal and external customers with their inquiries related to AR/AP processes (monthly period close procedures, expenses vs. petty cash submissions, invoice batch errors solutions).
- Reviewing and posting entries done by AP Administrators including regular audit of payments (invoices, cheques, employee expenses and allowances).
- Subcontract, change order and purchase order reviews and interfacing with accounting/PM system.
- Regular reviews of job costs and job billings to ensure budgets are kept up to date and billings are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with Director, Finance to report regularly on finances of constructions jobs and overhead expenses.
- Ensure AR/AP sub-ledgers are closed on a monthly basis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Audit bank reconciliations.
- Identify areas of improvement in processes, review with appropriate management and implement improvements.
- Identify areas of improvement in reporting, review with appropriate management and implement improvements.
- Ensure labour hours for job costing are correctly posted.
- Test system upgrades as required.
- Manage the week to semi-monthly input and processing of both salary and hourly union and non-union payrolls in several companies for 100+ employees.
- Govern the operational relationship with ADP on the payroll processing, reporting, addressing and mitigating all payroll issues.
- Ensure payroll under his/her accountability is processed, reported and paid in compliance with all provincial and Federal tax and labour laws.
- Managing employee inquiries as they come in and working with HR and Director, Finance to resolve issues.
- Assisting with year-end compliance and filings for payroll including T4s, T2200s, WSIB and EHT.
- Minimum seven years of progressive accounting experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- Track record of leading successful accounting teams.
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience processing payroll and understanding of payroll laws and remittances .
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
To apply, upload your resume and complete the required information in the “Apply For The Job” section located to the right of the posting. Alternatively, quote the position title and email your resume to: Kendra Penhale; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already registered with TDS Personnel please contact your Consultant.
TDS Personnel is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
Other Jobs You May Like
Media Finance Assistant
$16-20/hour depending on experience | Full-time, Contract
1 month ago | Accounting and Finance
$50-55k | Full-time, Permanent
1 month ago | Accounting and Finance
$60-70k | Full-time, Permanent
2 months ago | Accounting and Finance